6 June 2012

Red Dwarf Custom Playmat

Finding reference material for this mat proved quite tricky, between the fact that the design of the ship has changed and the vast majority of the images come from low res stills most likely taken from VHS  just added to the task of trying to get the faces to look right.

Still I'm quite pleased with the end result, theres a lot more detail in the ships than I was anticipating and I like the way the group pose has come together. The background is another case of the person who asked for the design giving me free rein to come up with anything, and while I was initially worried it would look as though the characters were floating I think in the end I gives an interesting backdrop while helping draw your eye around the design.

No comments:

Post a Comment